Vanessa Kassem contributes to the advice of international clients in international trade law as well as antitrust and competition law matters.
Languages: German, English, Spanish
- Handling German foreign direct investment procedure for Cosco Shipping Ports on the acquisition of voting rights in HHLA Container Terminal Tollerort
- Advising German defence AI company Helsing regarding German foreign direct investment aspects on its Series A financing round
- Advising and representing multinational pharmaceutical company Teva on German foreign direct investment aspects of its licensing collaboration with MODAG
- Advising Qell on German foreign direct investment (FDI) control rules as well as on export control law in relation to its merger with Lilium
Vanessa studied business law at the Berlin School of Economics and Law and the Universidad Argentina de la Empresa in Buenos Aires. She obtained her Master’s Degree at the European University Viadrina, Frankfurt (Oder), specialising in European business law. Her master thesis deals with German foreign direct investment law and its relationship with European law. During her studies, Vanessa already worked for many years at BLOMSTEIN as a research assistant.
Lecturer at the Hamburger Zollakademie “Zollfachkraft” (“Customs Specialist”) course on “Customs Dept” (since autumn 2022)
* Not admitted to the Bar in Germany