Moritz Schuchert specialises in public procurement and international trade law. He represents clients in legal proceedings before the German and European courts and before the procurement review bodies.
Languages: German, English, Spanish
- Advising Flensburger Schiffbau-Gesellschaft (FSG) on various public procurement procedures for ships for the German Navy
- Representing C.G. Haenel regarding the procurement of 120,000 assault rifles for the German Armed Forces, in particular representing the client in a review procedure before the Federal Public Procurement Chamber and the Higher Regional Court in Düsseldorf
- Advising the Berlin Chamber of Architects (Architektenkammer Berlin) on the monitoring of public calls for tenders
- Public procurement law advice to KfW Capital
- Advising Stiftung Allianz für Entwicklung und Klima in a public procurement procedure
After completing his German compulsory social service in Canada, Moritz studied law at the Universities of Münster and Barranquilla with a focus on regulatory law. He completed his legal traineeship (“Referendariat”) at the Higher Regional Court of Hamm, during which he also worked for the 2nd Federal Public Procurement Tribunal at the German Federal Cartel Office as well as a procurement unit of the European Commission in Brussels. His ongoing dissertation project deals with the procurement of cloud services by public authorities.
- Vergabe von Autobahnkonzessionen im Rahmen eines Projektfinanzierungsverfahrens, Anmerkung zum EuGH Beschluss vom 26.11.2020 – C-835/19, jurisPR-VergR 7/2021 (with Pascal Friton)