Philipp Trube specialises in German and European antitrust and competition law. He advises German and international clients before the German and European courts, the European Commission and the Federal Cartel Office.
Philipp is admitted to the Bar in Germany (Rechtsanwalt). He is a member of the Association of German antitrust lawyers (Studienvereinigung Kartellrecht) and of AIJA (International Association of Young Lawyers). Philipp is included by Handelsblatt in the list of Germany’s best lawyers (2021-2023) for competition and antitrust law.
Languages: German, English
- Representing Vodafone before the courts in relation to a successful third-party intervention against a Bundeskartellamt decision clearing a joint venture between Deutsche Telekom and EWE subject to remedies
- Advising and representing CRRC as a third party in the merger control proceedings Alstom/Bombardier
- Advising leading Chinese locomotive manufacturer CRRC on the merger control aspects of its acquisition of Vossloh Locomotives (complex phase II proceedings before the Bundeskartellamt)
- Advising the Monitoring Trustee in various European Commission remedy cases (inter alia, case AT.39816 – Gazprom and case M.9234 – Harris Corporation/L3 Technologies)
- Advising VENDIS Capital on the acquisition of majority stakes in BlueBrixx and Model Car World
- Merger control advice to OpenGate, i.a. on the acquisition of a business unit from Danaher Corporation
- Advising UPLINK Network before the Bundeskartellamt and in courts in relation to the dispute around access to radio antennas
- Advising an industry association in an action for annulment before the European Court of Justice
Philipp studied at the University of Bayreuth, the Université de Lausanne and the Humboldt University of Berlin with a focus on intellectual property law and German and European antitrust law. He trained at large international law firms including Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer LLP in the field of antitrust law.
Philipp completed his legal clerkship at the Higher Regional Court of Berlin, inter alia at kwm Rechtsanwälte and Siemens in Berlin.
- Chapter on Antitrust Law, in: Remmertz/Kast (eds.), Escrow-Handbuch, 1st edition 2022 (with Anna Blume Huttenlauch)
- The Higher Regional Court of Berlin applies market tipping rules for first time and prohibits list-first rebates offered by leading real estate portal (Immoscout), Court decision of 11 February 2022, Concurrences e-Competitions Bulletin February 2022, Art. N° 108224 (with Max Klasse)
- The Düsseldorf Higher Regional Court acquits 3 breweries in the breweries cartel case (Kölsch-Kartell), Court decision of 8 September 2021, Concurrences e-Competitions Bulletin September 2021, Art. N° 108219 (with Max Klasse and Marie-Luise Heuer)
- Die Auftragsvergabe nach dem besonderen Verfahren einer internationalen Organisation, NZBau – Neue Zeitschrift für Baurecht und Vergaberecht 12/2018, p. 723-726
- Presentation “Digital Markets Act: New rules for Digital ‘Gatekeepers’ – What’s in store for platform distribution?” and panel discussion on “Platforms in the digital age”, AIJA 5th T.R.A.D.E. Annual Conference / 9th Antitrust Annual
Conference “Vertical power – About the new VBER and beyond!”, Bologna, 24 June 2022