Marie-Luise Heuer advises clients on German and EU competition law. She represents clients in legal proceedings before the Bundeskartellamt and the European Commission as well as in front of German and European courts.
Marie-Luise is admitted to the Bar in Germany (Rechtsanwältin). She is a member of the Association of German antitrust lawyers (Studienvereinigung Kartellrecht) and of AIJA (International Association of Young Lawyers).
Languages: German, English, French, Dutch
- Merger control advice to Feintool on the acquisition of Kienle+Spiess
- Merger control advice to European private equity firm IK Partners on the acquisition of a majority stake in CONET Group from H.I.G. Capital
- Merger control advice to US company Adtran on the acquisition of Adva Optical (fiber networking solutions)
- Merger control advice to Swedish Venture Capital Fonds Verdane on several acquisitions
- Advising and representing a specialised clothing retailer regarding resale price maintenance
- Competition law advice to and representation of a global Scandinavian media company
- Merger control advice to a technology company on the acquisition of an IT system provider
Marie studied at the Rheinische Friedrich-Wilhelm University of Bonn, the Université Paris Sud and the Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam (LL.M.) with a focus on business law and German and European antitrust law. She trained at large international law firms including in the field of antitrust law at Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer LLP as well as in dispute resolution at an international law firm in Paris.
Marie completed her legal clerkship at the Higher Regional Court of Düsseldorf, inter alia at the German Consulate General New York as well as at international law firms in Düsseldorf and Frankfurt.
- Chapter on Information Exchange in Germany, in: Marosi/Soares (eds.), Information Exchange and Related Risks, 1st edition 2022 (with Anna Huttenlauch and Max Klasse)
- The Düsseldorf Higher Regional Court acquits 3 breweries in the breweries cartel case (Kölsch-Kartell), Court decision of 8 September 2021, Concurrences e-Competitions Bulletin September 2021, Art. N° 108219 (with Max Klasse and Philipp Trube)
- The German Federal Court of Justice rules that a concentration strengthening an existing dominant market position can be prohibited without the need for a further significance test (CTS Eventim / Four Artists), Court decision of 12 January 2021, Concurrences e-Competitions Bulletin January 2021, Art. N° 108259 (with Max Klasse)
- Kartellrecht und Nachhaltigkeit – alles im grünen Bereich?, DICO Forum, Berlin, 28 September 2022 (with Anna Blume Huttenlauch)
- Sustainability und Kartellrecht – Überblick über die kartellrechtlichen Rahmenbedingungen, die Reforminitiativen der Kommission und die jüngste Entscheidungspraxis des Bundeskartellamts, German Association of Antitrust Lawyers (Studienvereinigung Kartellrecht), event of the Regional Division Berlin, 29 March 2022 (with Anna Huttenlauch)