Marie-Luise Heuer advises clients on German and EU competition law. She represents clients in legal proceedings before the Bundeskartellamt and the European Commission as well as in front of German and European courts.
Languages: German, English, French, Dutch
- Merger control advice to European private equity firm IK Partners on the acquisition of a majority stake in CONET Group from H.I.G. Capital
- Merger control advice to US company Adtran on the acquisition of Adva Optical (fiber networking solutions)
- Merger control advice to Swedish Venture Capital Fonds Verdane on several acquisitions
- Advising a specialised clothing retailer regarding resale price maintenance
- Competition law advice to a global Scandinavian media company
- Merger control advice to a technology company on the acquisition of an IT system provider
Marie studied at the Rheinische Friedrich-Wilhelm University of Bonn, the Université Paris Sud and the Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam (LL.M.) with a focus on business law and German and European antitrust law. She trained at large international law firms including in the field of antitrust law at Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer LLP as well as in dispute resolution at an international law firm in Paris.
Marie completed her legal clerkship at the Higher Regional Court of Düsseldorf, inter alia at the German Consulate General New York as well as at international law firms in Düsseldorf and Frankfurt.