Dr. Christopher Wolters
Christopher Wolters specialises in public procurement and trade law. In the field of public procurement law, he supports both contracting authorities and bidders, in particular regarding questions of procurement compliance (debarment and self-cleaning), and he defends their interests before the relevant bodies. In this respect, he also advises in proceedings before multilateral development banks, especially the World Bank. His German and international clients mainly come from the IT, as well as the defence & security sectors. Furthermore, he advises clients on international trade law and excise taxes, and represents them in competent courts and before relevant authorities.
Christopher Wolters is admitted to the bar in Germany (“Rechtsanwalt”).
Languages: German, English, French, Spanish
After finishing high school and the German compulsory military service, Christopher studied Law at the universities of Tübingen (Germany), Lausanne (Switzerland) and Münster (Germany). While writing his doctoral thesis on International Humanitarian Law, he worked as a research assistant for different international cooperate law firms. He completed his legal traineeship (“Referendariat”) at the Higher Regional Court of Berlin, during which he also worked for the German Embassy in Tehran (Iran). Christopher holds a PhD (Dr. iur.) from the Freie Universität Berlin.
- Advising a producer of military shoes in a public procurement review procedure
- Regular advice to TenneT regarding various public procurement law questions and representation in a number of legal disputes
Publications / Presentations
- Webinar “Aktuelle Rechtsprechung des EuGH” for forum vergabe e.V. (with Roland Stein)
- 5. Deutscher Vergabetag, Berlin, 25/26 October 2018: “Ex-Ante-Transparenzbekanntmachung – Chancen, Risiken, Rechtsschutz” (with Florian Wolf)
- “Verbotswidriger Nachunternehmereinsatz kann zum Ausschluss bei einem späteren Vergabeverfahren führen”, Anmerkung zu: VK Hessen, Beschl. v. 04.03.2018 – 69d-CK-25/2017, in jurisPR-Compl 4/2018 Anm. 3 (with Roland Stein)
- “Vergaberechtliche Selbstreinigung bei Kartellrechtsverstößen”, Anmerkung zu: Generalanwalt Manuel Campos Sánchez-Bordona, Schlussanträge v. 16.05.2018 – C-124/17, in jurisPR-Compl 3/2018 Anm. 4 (with Roland Stein and Josefa Dengler)
- “The German Register of Competition and Its International Context”, EPPPL 2/2018, p. 119 (with Pascal Friton)
- “Zur Rügeobliegenheit bei de facto–Vergaben”, VergR – Zeitschrift für das gesamte Vergaberecht 2/2018, p. 106 (with Florian Wolf)
- 3. IT-Vergabetag 2018, Berlin, 26 April 2018: “Compliance und Integrität in der IT-Beschaffung” (with Florian Wolf)
- “Das Gesetz zur Einführung eines Wettbewerbsregisters”, KripoZ 4/2017, p. 244-252
- “Global free trade? Limits on the Import of Goods and Capital”, Słubice, Polen, 31 July 2017
- “Umfang der Kooperationspflicht bei der vergaberechtlichen Selbstreinigung”, Anmerkung zu VK München, Beschl. v. 07.03.2017 – Z3-3-3194-1-45-11/16, jurisPR-Compl 2/2017 Anm. 1 (with Roland Stein)
- “Der territoriale Anwendungsbereich des Rechtes der nichtinternationalen bewaffneten Konflikte”, Dissertation, 2018
- Regular contributions to “Literaturbrief des Forum Vergabe e.V.”
- Regular Lecturer on Export Control Law and Customs Debt in the Programme “Customs Specialists” (Hamburger Zollakademie)