Laura Louca is specialised in public procurement and international trade law. She represents German and international clients in proceedings in front of customs authorities, the European Commission or the German Federal Office for Economic Affairs and Export Control (BAFA).
Laura Louca is listed in WorldECR’s Directory of Experts as a specialist for export control and sanctions compliance.
Languages: German, English, Greek
- Advising BMW on customs related issues
Laura studied law at the Friedrich-Schiller-University in Jena and the Indiana University in the USA with a focus on Anglo-American and International Law. She holds a doctor of laws degree from the Friedrich-Schiller-University in Jena and wrote her doctoral thesis on the international arms trade and the control of dual-use-goods. During her studies she worked at an international law firm for several years as a research assistant. She completed her legal traineeship (“Referendariat”) at the Higher Regional Court of Berlin with placements at the Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Energy and at a law firm in New Zealand.
- Das Gesundheitswesen im Fokus der Investitionskontrolle, MedR 12/2020, p. 1003-1007 (with Alexander Kopf)
- Self-disclosure in Germany’s foreign trade law – a review of the status quo, WorldECR – The Journal of Export Controls and Sanctions, Issue # 90, June 2020, p. 20 (with Florian Wolf)
- Germany: high barriers to export admidst geopolitical uncertainty, WorldECR – The Journal of Export Controls and Sanctions, Issue # 88, April 2020, p. 29 (with Roland Stein)
- Keine Ablehnungs-AGB, AW-Prax 02/2020 (with Roland Stein)
- Germany: Corporate criminal liability on the trade compliance horizon, WorldECR – The Journal of Export Controls and Sanctions, Issue # 85, December 2019 (with Roland Stein)
- Uncertainty in foreign trade and criminal legislation, WorldECR – The Journal of Export Controls and Sanctions, Issue # 84, November 2019, p. 32 (with Roland Stein)
- Unbestimmtheit schützt vor Strafe doch, AW-Prax 11/2019 (with Roland Stein)
- Quo vadis EU? – Bericht über den 31. Europäischen Zollrechtstag, ZfZ 8/2019, p. 266
- Lecturer at the Hamburger Zollakademie ‘Zollfachkraft’ (‘Customs Specialist’) course on ‘Export Control Law’ and ‘Customs Dept’ (since spring 2020)
- Germany’s export controls: what you need to know, Webinar World ECR, 24 September 2020 (with Florian Wolf)
- Internationaler Technologietransfer und seine rechtlichen Herausforderungen, DWT conference ‘Angewandte Forschung für Verteidigung und Sicherheit in Deutschland’, Bonn, 5 March 2020
- Sanctions Screening, TIS Experts Evening, Munich, 11 February 2020