As Senior Trade Advisor at BLOMSTEIN, Bruno takes an advisory role in public procurement and compliance matters, especially regarding self-cleaning procedures, monitoring and reviewing compliance mechanisms as well as debarment procedures of Multilateral Development Banks such as the World Bank and the Inter-American Development Bank.
Bruno also advises in ESG (Environmental, Social, and Governance) regulatory matters, such as the European CBAM rules, the German legislation on supply chain and certain European financial regulations (SFDR, EU Taxonomy), especially with regard to international trade matters with Latin America,
Bruno is a Brazilian and Portuguese qualified lawyer and an experienced business development manager. With his background and his keen understanding of the Brazilian market, he adds helpful perspectives in cross-border matters and thereby strengthens and expands BLOMSTEIN’s Latin American practice.
Before joining BLOMSTEIN in September 2020, Bruno worked as senior lawyer at renown law firms in Brazil, such as Teixeira Ferreira e Serrano Advogados and Mattos Filho Advogados. He has a vast experience in complex, cross-border matters concerning compliance, public procurement and public concessions procedures.
After moving to Germany in November 2014, Bruno worked at several international law firms in Berlin. At Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer, he was Senior Business Development Manager for matters related to Latin America, and, as part of the Brazil Desk of another big firm, Bruno supported the corporate and venture capital practice in international transactions.
- Formas de acordo e cooperação com investigações do BID (Possible cooperation and agreements in IDB’s investigations), JOTA Info, 15 January 2021 (with Roland Stein)
- Debarment por condutas irregulares em projetos financiados pelo Banco Mundial (Debarment due to irregularities in World Bank’s financed projects), JOTA Info, 4 December 2020 (with Roland Stein)
- Das brasilianische Vergaberecht, NZBau – Neue Zeitschrift für Bau- und Vergaberecht 10/2015, p. 603-609 (with Roland Stein)
- Presentation for the Brazilian Association of Infrastructure and Basic Industries (ABDIB) Webinar: The Importance of Compliance Programs in World Bank Projects on 26 July 2021 (with Lisa Miller, Integrity Compliance Officer at The World Bank and as a mediator Thiago Jabor Pinheiro, partner at the Brazilian law firm Mattos Filho)
- BID-Compliance Sistema de Acordo, PUC-RIO Webinar on IDB’s sanctions system: Investigations and development banks: What to expect in 2021, 27 November 2020 (with Pontifícia Universidade Católica do Rio de Janeiro (PUC-RIO) and Barbosa, Müssnich e Aragão Advogados (BMA))
* Not admitted to the Bar